Dear Sandwich Monday,
Thanks again for inspiring me to try another crazy sandwich combo-the Chicken and Waffle sandwich. As a fan of traditional chicken n’ waffles, it was great, but, just FYI, the sandwich tastes way better with some maple syrup on it.
- Belgian waffle (you could make your own, but I bought some from Trader Joe’s)
- Buttermilk fried boneless chicken breast (I cheated again and bought them ready made)
- Apple slaw (there are lots of recipes out there but this was the one I used)
- Honey mustard glaze (there are also lots of recipes for honey mustard glazed meat dishes that include the recipe for the glaze sauce so any will do).
- Maple syrup (optional-but I think it tasted better once I added it)
- An appetite and a sense of adventure!